Hailing from northern Morocco, Blue Tansy is a new single oil now offered by doTERRA. It may sound familiar to you already—that’s because Blue Tansy is a key ingredient in some doTERRA blends, including doTERRA Balance® and Deep Blue®. Experimental research indicates that this oil is useful for helping to keep skin looking healthy, due to chamazulene, the same chemical that gives the oil its characteristic deep indigo color. In fact, it is already being put to use in the new Anti-Aging Eye Cream as part of the updated Essential Skin Care line.
Although this is not an oil that you can take internally, you can use Blue Tansy in a variety of ways both topically and aromatically.
- As previously mentioned, Blue Tansy can be great for your skin. We like adding it to our facial cleanser to help reduce the appearance of blemishes. You can also add it into your moisturizer to soothe your skin.
- Blue Tansy’s mellow and slightly fruity scent has specific uplifting properties that help create a positive atmosphere when diffused. Try creating your own blends! Oils that go well with Blue Tansy include Geranium, Clary Sage, Petitgrain, Lavender, Juniper Berry, Spearmint, and Ylang Ylang.
- Using it as a natural dye and pleasant fragrance in place of soap colorant.
- Combine with Lavender and Fractionated Coconut Oil for a soothing massage after a long day. Other oils you can combine it with include Wintergreen, Cypress, or even AromaTouch®.
- Add six drops to your bath with one tablespoon Fractionated Coconut Oil and one cup Epsom salt for a calming and relaxing atmosphere.
- Another name for Blue Tansy is the Moroccan Tansy thanks to its country of origin.
- Blue Tansy’s botanical name is Tanacetum annuum, not to be confused with Tanacetum vulgare or common tansy oil, which has a very different chemical make-up.
The characteristic indigo color of the oil may stain some surfaces, fabric, and skin. For this reason, it may be a good idea to purchase child-resistant caps to keep children from accidently spilling the oil on a surface where it won’t come out. However, when it comes to using it with the moisturizer in your skin care routine or diluting it in Fractionated Coconut Oil for a massage, it is unlikely to leave any trace.
View or download Blue Tansy Product Information Page.
or feel free to contact me.for a free consult.